Delivery and set-up of your shed is FREE for the first 35 miles! Thereafter, there is a fee of $4.00 per mile for buildings 12 feet wide or smaller and $5.00 per mile for buildings 14 feet wide.
Free set-up includes leveling the shed with customer supplied concrete blocks and driver supplied pressure treated shims. Drivers can supply the concrete blocks for $5 each. The delivery team will level a unit from the highest point using the smallest dimension block available. We do not recommend putting a unit on blocks higher than 36 inches.
Frequently Asked Questions
Delivery Frequently Asked Questions
Q: HOW IS THE SHED DELIVERED?
A: The storage buildings are delivered to you fully assembled and put into place with a truck and dump trailer. When extra flexibility is needed due to tight access, tough conditions and yard obstacles, we can use our state-of-the-art “Mule.” The Mule is a terrific machine that helps install installation is made in the most efficient manner possible.
Q: HOW SHOULD MY SITE BE PREPARED BEFORE DELIVERY?
A: We will contact customers in order to schedule a day and time for delivery. Proper site preparation helps to ensure a fast, effective, and safe delivery. Customers should consider the following:
- The delivery truck and trailer often require more room than the buyer anticipates. Be sure to survey the area and ensure all limbs, tree stumps, and other obstacles are removed from the immediate area.
- Be aware of septic tanks, low wires, and branches.
- If there is a fence, there needs to be enough clearance at the gate opening to move the building through. If fencing and posts need to be removed, that should be done prior to delivery. Summit Structure drivers are not authorized to remove fencing.
- It is ideal to install a shed on a prepared sight, such as a leveled gravel base. This kind of foundation helps reduce the possibility of settling in the future. Concrete blocks will be used otherwise.
- The buyer is responsible to obtain any required permits. Engineered drawings and anchors can be purchased for a small fee if required for permitting.
- The Delivery teams have the right to refuse installation to any site they determine unsafe or inaccessible.
- If the buyer is a renter or intends to put a purchased building on another’s property, we will need a property owner’s consent form.
- If it is required to go on a neighbor’s property during the delivery process, we will need written consent from that neighbor.
Q: DOES SUMMIT STRUCTURES PROVIDE PERMITS?
A: The buyer is responsible for acquiring any required permits. For an additional fee, Summit Structures can provide a certified package that includes engineered drawings and anchors. Please speak with your local sales representative for details.